Monday, January 6, 2014 (La Posa South LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ)

Not too much to report today...it was laundry day. After loading the truck with 4 bags of dirty laundry (I keep saying that I'm going to do it more often so that it's not such a big job!), I headed into the laundromat on Main Street in Quartzsite.

I think everyone else in the area had decided to do laundry because the parking lot was packed...and I was driving the truck...great, what do I do now?! I don't mind driving the truck but I hate parking it...I need easy in and out access! I ended up pulling into a large mostly empty lot on the other side of the laundromat/restaurant ...and asked if it was okay to park there...yup...whew!

My time spent in the laundromat has drastically been shortened now that I don't have to wait around for the dryers. So about 40 minutes later, all 4 double washing machines were empty and I was on my way back home...
...and hanging clean laundry on the clothesline to dry. Thank goodness Steve lent a helping hand!

I think Steve spent most of the day trying to stay warm. The sky was blue and there was lots of sunshine so he started off the day in shorts and t-shirt...but it just wasn't warming up, so he eventually had to revert back to jeans and long-sleeved shirt. It warmed up very briefly to about 70F/21C but it really didn't feel that warm because of the brisk wind coming in from the north.

After dinner, we settled in for an evening of TV. All of the programs we wanted to watch were re-runs, so we decided to watch the final 2 episodes of Sons of Anarchy that our son, Chris had downloaded for us. We were just about to watch the final episode when we received a Skype call from Chris...he surprised us by now having a full beard...looks good, Chris! 




2 comments:

  1. Yep, we all hate wash day!! However, we would rather have more wash and go less often;o)) Still glad we opted out of an on board washer. We prefer to wash once every couple weeks instead of small loads much more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We opted out of an on board washer/dryer as well and I usually wait as long as possible (as the mountain grows higher and higher) before making the journey to the laundromat. I was thinking I would like it better if I didn't have so much to do at one time...but probably not! Will likely continue to go every couple of weeks or so :)

    ReplyDelete