Thursday, December 5, 2013 (La Posa South LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ)

I didn't want to get out of bed this morning...it was freezing out there and I was nice and toastie under the covers! But I finally decided to brave it and quickly pulled on warm sweats and slippers (thanks again Charlene!) and went out to turn the furnace on. It was 9C/48F in the trailer...brrr....

After sitting in our recliners with our coffee for a couple of hours (yes, our usual morning), I decided to go out for a walk. I bundled up...it was definitely chilly out there but the sun was shining! About 50 minutes later, I was back...time to do my resistance exercises, Steve was just finishing his.

While I was having my shower, Steve headed outside to start work on a clothes-line...popular here in the desert as clothes dry very quickly in the low humidity...even in the cold. I gathered and sorted all of our laundry and was off to the laundromat in Quartzsite...it was noon already!

After two fun filled hours, I was back. Since it was later in the day, I had used the dryers at the laundromat for the most part but I always have things that I don't put in the dryer, so I got to try out our new clothesline.

While we were outside, Earl stopped by...he was just on his way back from the sani-dump. This is the setup he has made so that he doesn't have to hookup and take his trailer over to the dump once the holding tanks are full. Last year he purchased a little trailer kit (you have to build it), a 45 gallon barrel for fresh water and another for black and grey water sewage, a macerator pump for the black tank and his spare water pump. Because they are here every winter they have a place to store it near here.

Earl had some water left over so he offered to fill our tank. He has also graciously offered the use of his trailer while we are here so we purchased a tow ball for one of the quads. Thanks Earl!!

Part of my birthday present...and our very first Christmas decoration...sits proudly on top of the radio by the back window...thanks, Charlene and Dennis! Santa is solar powered and wiggles back and forth as he sits in the sunshine.


Steve and I finally opened one of the bottles of red wine that we purchased at the Pahrump Valley Winery last month...and enjoyed it with our steak dinner tonight. Unusual for us to find a red wine that we really like...it's a Burgundy and you can only get it from the winery.  Hmmmm....we may end up having to stop in Pahrump on our way back north next spring!






No comments:

Post a Comment