Friday, November 15, 2013 (Wine Ridge RV Resort, Pahrump, NV)

Well, enough sloughing off...enough lazy days...time to have a work day! Okay...at least a work morning! We had a mountain of dirty laundry overflowing the hamper and as much as I hate doing laundry...it had to be done!  So at 9:00 a.m I headed down to the laundry room with 2 loads...to get started.  Every time I have looked into the laundry room it has been busy and I was expecting this morning to be no different, so I was very surprised to find I was the only one there.  They have seven washers...with a sign asking that you only use 2...hmmm...got to share, do I?  Sheesh! Well, I got the 2 loads going and then walked back and got 2 more...my reasoning being that the first 2 would almost be finished as I put on another 2. Sounds reasonable, don't you think?  I had no issues and 3 hours later, I had completed 7 loads...yes...7...mind you that included all the bedding too (i.e. duvet cover and blanket) plus Steve's rags that he uses for washing the truck/trailer.

While I was doing laundry, Steve had both ATV's up at the RV wash area. I thought he was only going to spray all the dust off but he gave them both a super wash...thanks for cleaning mine too, honey!


It was going on 1:30 by the time I had put all of the laundry away (I hadn't made up the bed yet, but that would just have to wait) and we had had lunch. Now it was decision time...do we continue on our "work" day and go grocery shopping, get propane and a haircut for Steve...or do we put that off until tomorrow and go up to the pool instead...?? Guess what we decided?

Yup...the pool...

So we spent about an hour and a half at the pool and then had to get home to shower and get ready to go to the clubhouse for happy hour. At 4:00 p.m. every Friday, everyone is invited to bring an appetizer along with their favourite beverage and meet in the clubhouse. We found that there is a close-knit group that have been meeting in this area for years...they were very welcoming of us and we had a great time chatting and sharing stories.  We also learned a lot about this area...we had no idea that there was so much to do and see in the Pahrump area. To name a few, Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, Dublin Gulch Caves and believe it or not Sheri's Ranch Brothel. You wouldn't believe how many of the women said you have to go and check it out...go for lunch...they've got great food! They have a complimentary Limo service, Hotel, Sports Bar and Restaurant and apparently tastefully done Brothel tours by some of the ladies. We will definitely be back!


Millie had everything organized and she led us in a game...I ended up being the winner out of all of the ladies and Gary, seen in this picture with his wife, Mollie, won for the men.

 Jerry won the main "door prize"...

We had a great time and met more great people...another fun time at the clubhouse!




1 comment:

  1. Interesting post, I like the content. Thank you for the informations.

    ReplyDelete