Wednesday, August 28, 2013 (Boya Lake Provincial Lake, Stewart-Cassiar Highway, BC)

We were up at 6:00 this morning.  It was a cloudy morning but not raining...yet.  We enjoyed our usual coffee start to the day watching BCTV morning news while I updated my "notes" to help me recall each day when I am able to write my blog.  This spot is lovely...we have a satellite signal but no internet (as usual)...so I am getting further and further behind.  Oh well, I'll get it all up to date at some point...in about a month or so after we get back into civilization!

We did our exercises and then Steve went out and started the generator at 8:45.  I made breakfast and as we were sitting at the table eating, the fellow from 2 sites down came down and just stood at the entrance to our site and stared.  I face that way as I sit at the table...okay...what's with him?  And then...he fingered me! I just couldn't believe it!  The only thing we could think of is that he is not happy that we have our Honda generator going.

After breakfast Steve went to the information board and confirmed that the generator hours are from 8 to 10 a.m. and 5 to7 p.m....so what is this guy's problem?!  When Steve went out at precisely 10:00 to shut off the generator, the fellow yelled "asshole".  There was a an exchange of words then Steve told him what the generator hours were where his response was that we were in a tent site...huh?  Nothing on the literature about that plus you would think that the park attendant would have said something when she collected the camping fee from us yesterday.  Besides, with a site as large as ours...i.e. big enough for our 66 feet (with room to spare), a tent only site?  Give me a break! While we were doing dishes we could hear all this banging going on. Steve looked out the window and saw his wife acting like a 5 year old slamming the bear proof garbage bin lid that's next to the entrance to our site.  If you've never operated one of these it takes a lot of effort!  Shortly after that we saw their vehicle leaving but not before the wife came back one last time to slam the garbage bin lids half a dozen more times.   They were tenters that appeared to be in their forties...maybe they had RV envy. :-)  Needless to say, it all was a very unpleasant experience and the first such issue we have had in our 3+ years of being on the road. We later spoke with the campground operator about our experience. She said that those people weren't in a good mood when they arrived last night when she collected from them and wondered if there was an issue then. We told her that we all had a pleasant but brief discussion about the rainy drive in. Apparently they had left even though they paid for two nights. They also left a message on a comment card that this was their worst camping spot ever.

Steve went outside to change the oil in the generator only to find that he didn't have enough oil...sheesh!  Oh well....I guess he'll just have to go fishing.  So he started putting his rods together...


...while I went for a walk and took this picture...

 With his rods together and ready, Steve got his fishing tube out and blew it up.  He finally gets to try out his new chest-waders that he bought at Cabellas last fall...and he's all set to go...


Steve took these pictures while he was out on the lake...
 


While Steve was out on the lake, I sat outside reading.  The sun finally broke through the clouds...there was still a chill in the air but the sun felt so good!



Steve is just a speck on the other side of the lake...

Steve came in around 2:00 after being out on the lake for over 2 hours (I told him he should get some "depends"...haha).  He was discouraged...he hadn't even had a nibble.  Since he was back, Steve got the ladder out of the truck so I could wash the windows...my turn this time. 

After that little bit of work was done, it was time to resume my position back in my chair reading.  Steve joined me and we spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying the sun...and the view.



At about 5:00 I went inside to make spaghetti sauce for dinner.  After we had eaten, Steve decided to go back out fishing so he donned all his paraphernalia.  While he was getting ready, I took this picture from inside looking out my nice clean window...


Steve took some lovely pictures while out on the lake but he didn't catch any fish.


While Steve was out fishing, I sat back out in my chair near the water reading until it just got too chilly...12C/54F and then headed inside.  It was shortly after 8:00 when Steve decided to come back in..."there's no fish in this lake"!  We had a hot cup of tea while watching TV. At about 10:00 I decided to go to bed to read under the warmth of the blankets. Steve stayed up watching TV...seems the sound on the TV in the bedroom has decided to start acting up...always something!



No comments:

Post a Comment