Saturday, November 17, 2012 (Oxbow BLM Campground, Palo Verde, CA)

I had a much better sleep last night, thanks mainly to ‘Icy Hot Balm’ that I rubbed onto my back several times throughout the night...very soothing.

I was surprised this morning when I turned on the MiFi to find that I had a signal.  It was very weak last night...this morning, it was much stronger and we were even able to talk to Suzanne and Dennis on Skype.  Of course by the time I had our journal ready to post on the blog, I had no internet.

We also had a visitor when we got up this morning...a mouse was in the trap.  We had both stood right beside it pouring coffee and we hadn't noticed it...too funny!  All I can say is thank goodness for mouse traps, because for some reason the little rodents seem to find that little tiny opening in the slider even if Steve did plug it with steel wool.

It was late morning by the time we decided to get out and go for a walk.  First of all, we walked along the river going south away from the campground.  We walked for about 15 minutes and then turned around and headed back.  Steve took lots of pictures...a few by our campsite first...

This is the "Oxbow" off the Colorado River...on the immediate left is also the boat ramp...


That is the bridge over the Colorado River into Arizona...



It was a beautiful day...and pretty warm.  The thermometer outside went up to 78F/25C.  Back at the trailer, we stopped for a rest and a bottle of water and then headed back out for a walk around the campground and then over the bridge.

There is our rig over on the right...


Our rig from the bridge...


After our walks, we just relaxed for the rest of the day.  Steve read some of his magazines while I baked some wheatless cookies for myself and then checked out some maps.  We have to figure out where we are going to go after we leave here...probably Monday.  The American Thanksgiving weekend is coming up and we need to decide where we want to go and then stay put for a week or so.

Later on in the evening, the Internet signal was actually coming through again so I started working on the blog.  It took a little while but I eventually got pictures uploaded and the post published.

And that was pretty much our day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment