Tuesday, January 18, 2011 (Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park, Crystal River, FL)

Well, we had the ultimate in slow, lazy mornings today! We had no plans other than to just take a walk around the campground...and I wanted to get caught up on our travel blog...I was a few days behind.

After numerous cups of coffee, I finally decided it was time to get on with the day. It was exercise day, so I pulled out my TriCords and did my resistance training...Steve did his weight-lifting. After showering (in our own bathroom...yay for full hook-ups) and a little breakfast, we were ready to get on with our day.

Steve needed to find a UPS Store nearby so that the new brake module could be shipped to us. A quick search on the UPS website...and voila...there was a store right in Crystal River...perfect! After corresponding via email, Ron from Hensley would ship the new module. We had given the defective module to Ron at the RV Show in Tampa last Thursday...interesting thing...he said that he tested the module when he got back to his office and it worked fine. He suggested that it must have been a problem with the wiring in our vehicle (yeah...right!) but he would send us a new unit anyway. Steve said he has heard the same story many times before during his working days from suppliers. A customer would bring in a defective test instrument or control ....he would bench test and confirm that it’s defective....send it back to the supplier....and they in turn would sometimes call and say no problem found but we will send a new replacement just in case.

After that, Steve wanted to research a tire pressure monitoring system that Howard from RV-Dreams had suggested. Well...didn’t I say that my only plan for today was to get our blog up to date? Sheesh....sometimes I wish we had 2 laptops! Anyway, after two unsuccessful Skype calls to the manufacturer, he decided to send an email with his questions.

It was early afternoon by the time we finally got outside for a walk around the campground. It was a warm but cloudy day and quite humid...so much for all the time I took to straighten my hair this morning! It was a big frizz mop by the time we got back!

This is the clubhouse and pool area...

I finally got to work on the travel blog while Steve puttered around outside. By the end of the day, I had it all updated and posted...ready for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment