Sunday to Wednesday, July 22 to 25, 2012 (Herald Provincial Park, Shuswap Lake, BC)

Sunday morning we went on our favourite walk...to Margaret Falls.  We never get tired of it...it’s a lovely walk into the canyon following the creek up to the Falls.  Back at the main road, we thought we would take a walk through the upper loop of campsites then down to the lakefront.

We were sitting at a picnic table overlooking the lake when I discovered that I had a stronger signal on my cell.  So Steve took the opportunity to call his sister and then we called both Chris and Rob.

Since I had a stronger signal down at the lakefront, I decided to take my laptop and MiFi down to the picnic/beach area by our site and see if I could get a half decent signal.  I was actually successful and managed to get caught up on a few emails, do a little banking and start working on our blog postings.  Unfortunately, the laptop doesn’t seem to hold a battery charge all that long anymore...I was out of power after just over an hour...sheesh!

I went back to our site and read while the laptop battery charged up...and then went back down again.

Monday we went on another hike up Canyon Trail...a much cooler day than the last time we hiked this trail!  Here we are at the viewpoint...



Hoodie is off now...must be warming up...

On the bridge over Reinecker Creek...


Someone was busy stacking rocks...

That afternoon, I was back down at the lakefront, sitting at a picnic table working on the blog...so much to catch up on!

Tuesday we loaded up all of the dirty laundry and headed into Salmon Arm...it was a work day today.  Steve dropped me off at the Laundromat and then went to the car wash to wash the quads.  A couple of hours later, he picked me up and then after a quick lunch, we went to Safeway.  I picked up groceries while he went and fueled the truck up with diesel.  We haven’t decided whether we are going to leave tomorrow or Thursday, but we might as well be prepared.

We decided to spend one more day at Shuswap Lake so we had a pretty relaxing day Wednesday.  We went for a walk to another beach in the park...it was a busy place...


I took the laptop down to my "favourite" picnic table where I had been having the best luck getting a MiFi signal.  Unfortunately, some other people were sitting at the table and I just didn`t seem to be able to get a consistent signal anywhere else.  Somehow, I don`t really think it was the table that made the difference, I just don`t think I would have managed a half decent signal anywhere today.  Hopefully I'll have Internet access at our next stop...


No comments:

Post a Comment