Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We had a slow start to the day today. I actually slept in until 7:30 this morning...well, I was up way past my bedtime last night! It was late morning by the time we ventured out to find a Walmart to do some shopping. I needed to stock up on soap, shampoo, vitamins, etc...and find Walmart has pretty good prices on these types of things. We found a Super Walmart fairly close and were able to do all our grocery shopping as well. I must say that I wasn’t all that impressed with this particular store, though. A lot of the shelves needed to be restocked and the isles were generally messy. But we managed to stock up well anyway.
While I was putting all the groceries away, Steve was on the laptop researching local satellite companies. It was 3:30 and we were planning on being at Gordon and Esther’s around 5 p.m., so we thought that we would see if we could find Orbit Satellite & Electronics. I punched the address into the GPS and away we went. “Serena”, the lovely GPS voice directed us on the journey to northwest Edmonton but there was no company by that name at the location. Actually, this decision to head out late in the afternoon proved to be one of frustration and stress...for Steve, as the driver and me, as the navigator (aka interpreting Serena’s directions)...not a good idea heading out during rush hour! After going around the block a couple of times, we decided to give up that pursuit and I put Gordon and Esther’s address into the GPS. We were certainly ready for that drink once we arrived there!

We had an absolutely wonderful visit and dinner with Gord and Esther. We had to be up early the next morning to take the truck in for the installation of backup cameras so we said goodnight and headed home just after 9 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment